This is a main house of Ōsawa family built at Higashi-Ōkubo in the city in 1871. Ōsawa family had been served as the village headman during the Edo period. The house as headman's residence was built characteristically with a main entrance (Shikidai), a staggered shelf and an inner chamber with Tsukeshoin (built-in table or bay window). The building area is about 278 m2.
Index O09_Kaneko O10_Suzuki
Nanbatajō Museum, Fujimi City Municipal Museum of History and Folklore