This is a Nagaya-mon gate of Suzuki Family House built at Harigaya in the city. Nagaya-mon (literary long house gate) is a symbol of the status and was only allowed Samurai, village headman and temple to build during the Edo period. Suzuki family was a lineage of headman during the Edo period. This gate was estimated to be built in around 1890 while the exact date is unknown. The building area is about 117 m2.
Index O09_Kaneko O11_Ōsawa
Nanbatajō Museum, Fujimi City Municipal Museum of History and Folklore