This complex was developed in the forest adjacent to the station in 1957, comprised of two-storied row houses for families. It was made of reinforced concrete block, having “Living kitchen” (combine of kitchen and dining living room), gas bath boiler, flush toilet on the 1st floor, tatami room on the 2nd floor. The floor area is 42.55 m2 (12.88 tsubo). Emergence of urbane taste buildings in the midst of the expanse of crops and “Danchi-zoku” (Residential Complex Residents) symbolized the dawn of urbanization.
The Tsuruse Residential Complex: Reconstructed Scale Model
Index prev next
Nanbatajō Museum, Fujimi City Municipal Museum of History and Folklore