There had been eight villages in the Edo period. They were redistricted to form three villages, Tsuruse, Mizutani and Nanbata in compliance with the new municipal system effective in 1889. Each of three villages were named after the part of the former village names. They finally merged to form Fujimi village in 1956, named after the view of Mt. Fuji. Fujimi village became town in 1964 and became city in 1972.
Petition for the Independence from Shiki Town, 1947
Index prev next
Nanbatajō Museum, Fujimi City Municipal Museum of History and Folklore